Denmark’s Q1 Online Gaming Revenue Up 4.5 percent

Denmark’s Q1 Online Gaming Revenue Up 4.5 percent

Denmark has recorded a 4.5 percent increase in year-on-year revenue for the first quarter of 2019. The Danish market has witnessed increased revenue from the online casino and sports betting operations; though the land-based gambling revenues have taken a hit.

Revenues for the first three months, was DKK1.6bn (€214m/$239m). This figure is exclusive of the country’s revenues from lottery products and services. The figures include revenues from land-based and online casino, sports betting and gaming machines.

Sports betting sector witnessed a significant increase as the revenue shot up by 10.3 percent year-on-year to DKK619m. However, it was a month-on-month drop of 6.8 percent.

Revenue from online casinos grew by 6.5% year-on-year to DKK556m for the first quarter. The revenue trends also suggest that desktop gaming remains more popular amongst danish player as compared with mobile gaming. While 56.2% of the revenue came via computers, 43.8% came from gambling and sports betting on mobile devices.

Revenue from land-based gaming machines slipped by 3.6% year-on-year to DKK346m. Most of the revenue came from gaming halls, which contributed 77.4% of the total — remaining 22.6% coming from machines installed in restaurants.

The land-based casino revenue fell 10.8 percent year-on-year to DKK83m in Q1.

Earlier in April, the Danish Gambling Authority (Spillemyndigheden) had posted that 5.7% year-on-year increase in the gross gaming revenue to DKK 9.74bn ($1.46 billion) for the FY ending December 2018.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *