Gambling operator Gaming Innovation Group (GiG) is all set to make its debut in the Croatian gambling market. The company has confirmed the acquisition of Croatian company Top Games.
GIG acquired 75% of the shares in the company making it effectively the owner and the single largest shareholder. The remaining 25 percent shares are to remain with the company.
Top Games already has a gambling license to operate in Croatia and with the deal GiG will now have rights of use to the brand.
GIG plans to tap into the Croatian market by the first half of 2020.
Commenting on the acquisition deal, Richard Brown, acting CEO of GiG said: “I’m excited to further expand our B2C business by entering another regulated jurisdiction.
“Croatia is a very interesting marketplace for gambling and supports our strategy to grow our own brands in high potential and regulated markets.
“GiG has a track record of creating responsible gaming experiences with a captivating UX.”
Recently, expanding operations in the US, GIG inked a partnership deal with gambling and hospitality giant Hard Rock International to launch sports betting operations at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
Last month, GIG also announced to replace its current CEO Robin Reed with immediate effect. Replacing Reed, Richard Brown was appointed as the company’s interim CEO.