With Bonfire Night just around the corner and firework celebrations set to start this weekend PlayOJO the fair casino, have partnered with Oli Juste, dog trainer and behaviorist, to deliver top tips to dog owners across the UK on how to keep your doggos calm on fireworks night.
Dog Marley! Reggae holds the key to keeping pups calm on Firework’s Night
Reggae music has a slow and rounded beat that soothes dogs, so ask Alexa to play Bob Marley
- Tag and microchip details should all be up to date
- Reassure your dog. Treat them like a member of the family and reassure them when they’re scared
- Make sure your dog’s favorite place is accessible to them
40% of dogs in the UK are scared of fireworks, and an astonishing 35% of dogs are reported missing on Firework’s Night as they want to hide from harm.
As the British population enjoy the local Bonfire Night show, PlayOJO the fair casino, has partnered with Oli Juste, dog trainer and behaviourist, to give top tips on making the night fairer for man’s best friend:
Link to Video Content of Top Tips: https://youtu.be/AYF3qBH73Mk
Pre-Fireworks Night Prep
- Exercise Your Dog – make sure you’re taking your dog for long walks during the day and try to do so before 3.30pm – 4pm when the light dims and the fireworks may start
- Safe proof your garden to prevent your dog from escaping
- Make sure the collar / harness is fitted properly – and prevent your dog from being able to escape the lead and run-away from the situation that they’re scared of
- Tag and microchip details should all be up to date to ensure the dog can be returned to you as quickly as possible
- Close the curtains to reduce the amount of noise and sound that is generated by the fireworks
Throughout Fireworks Night
- Play reggae music! The slow and rounded beat soothes dogs, so get Bob Marley on to calm your dog
- Ditch Mozart! The erratic tempo and the high pitch tones from classical music – once thought to soothe your pet – is actually not as calming as we once thought
- Stay at home with your dog and become their safe place. This will reassure them and prevent them from trying to escape or even worse: accidentally hurting themselves in their panic
- His Den – make sure that your dog’s favorite place is accessible to them. Whether they like to lie under the table, on – or under – the bed, or in the corner. Make sure their safe place is not obstructed, and they can access this to make them feel more safe
- Reassure your dog. The preconceived idea that you will reinforce your dog’s behavior when scared is not correct. Reassuring your dog will make you their safe place and be a comfort to them. Make sure you’re calm, as erratic or high-pitched voices will not help.
- Accidents happen –dogs produce cortisol when they’re anxious which creates an urgent need to go to the bathroom. They cannot help this and should not be reprimanded. If you return home to an accident, then roll that newspaper up and hit yourself, as you should have been at home with your dog!
Not stopping at sharing top tips from Oli, PlayOJO online casino will also be offering a training class to one lucky owner to soothe their stressed dog ahead of Fireworks Night.
For your chance to win a one-to-one session with a professional trainer, entrants need to submit the reason why their dog should win this class, via PlayOJO’s social channels and using the hashtag #firewoofsnight. Whether that’s missing Bonfire Night to console your cockapoo, fashioning earmuffs to muffle the terrifying bangs or creating a makeshift safe room for your pet, the most heart warming tale may win the helping hand your pet really needs.
A spokesperson for PlayOJO said: “We are thrilled to be working with Oli Juste to level the playing field and give dog owners top tips to prevent their dogs from being frightened on Firework’s Night,. As the fair casino we wanted to raise awareness about the fear that Firework’s Night can cause for our pets and some simple steps to take at home. Not only that, but we wanted to go above and beyond, which is why we’re offering a lucky owner the chance for a training session on keeping their dog calm amidst the calamity of Fireworks’ Night.”
For more information on PlayOJO, please visit: https://www.playojo.com/
PlayOJO launched in February 2017, as a completely new brand with a singular vision: to create a new and disruptive model of online casino with a braver, fairer proposition for customers. PlayOJO is a challenger brand and they reward their players on the basis that their money really is their money. That means generous returns for customers, paid directly and instantaneously back into their accounts, free for immediate withdrawal, and no casino wagering requirements on anything, ever.
Since its launch PlayOJO has become one of the fastest growing UK online casinos recognized by customers and peers as providing a better alternative to the traditional online casinos. PlayOJO won the Rising Star award at the 2017 EGR Operator Awards and Casino Operator of the Year at the 2017 Malta iGaming Awards.