In the Netherlands, the online gambling laws are still fairly strict compared to other European countries and many people are calling for them to be relaxed and brought inline with the rest of Europe.
However, it is believed that the laws and regulations around online casinos could be adjusted so that more freedom is given to operators and players alike.
For now, players can still play at the best online casinos in the Netherlands, including offshore casinos that accept Dutch players.
There are a number of online casino sites in the Netherlands, sometimes referred to as Holland, that allow Dutch players to have the freedom to enjoy online gaming for money, including Paradise Casino and Live Casino.
Top casinos that accept Dutch players
The Netherlands is a country that has a reputation for being relaxed and free in many areas of business, society and economics, so it is quite a surprise to find out that there are a lot of rigid rules and regulations around gambling online and offline.
Luckily, we have selected two recommended casinos that accept players from in Netherlands that are trending at the moment and are very popular this year:
– Paradise Casino
– Live Casino
Although there are blueprints being put forward for the amendment of Dutch gambling laws in order to allow casino operators to operate from within the Netherlands, for now many Dutch residents are choosing to play at offshore casinos that are legal, fair and accept players from all cities and provinces, including Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Eindhoven and Almere among others.
This means that Dutch players who live in the Netherlands can still play casino games online for money safely, securely and within the laws of the game.
The important aspect to be aware of is that the best online casinos in the Netherlands are still legal and allow players to gamble in Euro.
How to choose the best online casinos in the Netherlands?
Without a doubt finding an online casino in the Netherlands can be difficult. It is challenging but not impossible to play with a reputable casino site that is legal and most importantly accepts players that reside in the Netherlands.
Whilst some players choose to use a VPN, it is not strictly necessary and some online casinos actively discourage players from doing so.
With that said, because there are no legal online casinos in the Netherlands, players feel that a virtual private network with encryption provides an additional level of security and anonymity.
So bearing in mind that searching for an online casino in the Netherlands can be difficult and the obstacles that people face, how do you choose a casino to sign up with?
Let’s take a look at the primary criteria that players are using to choose Dutch casinos online:
1. Bonuses and promotions – Dutch players can enjoy some of the best bonuses and promotions in the Netherlands including free bonus money in Euro and free spins on slots.
2. Legality and regulations – Players in the Netherlands do not have to worry about gambling online illegally. They can legally enjoy casino games like roulette, slots and blackjack under properly licensed operators.
3. Player support – Worried about player support because of offshore casinos? Casinos that operator within the Dutch gambling market provide prompt support for players who live in the Netherlands via live chat, email and international telephone.
4. Games selection – Dutch players have access to the same great casino games as other European nations. Table games and slots are provided by some of the best iGaming providers in the business, such as NetEnt, Microgaming, Playtech, Pragmatic Play, Playson and Red Tiger.
5. Payment methods – Deposit and withdraw money to the best online casinos in the Netherlands from onshore or offshore using a variety of payment methods in Euro, including payment cards and e-wallets.