Playing online poker in 2022 is easy, winning is not so easy.
We will show you how to win like a pro by using the most popular tactics, tips and strategies, so that you not only learn how to play effortlessly, but how to win.
Unlike other articles that compile pages and pages of information to read, these quick tips can be remembered easily so that you can use them in a game.
Of course, we understand you won’t win every hand you play, but by deploying the right tactics at the right time, you can get yourself a healthy return and good-sized bankroll.
We won’t beat about the bush and bore you with bibles of info, our team bring you simple tactics to improve your game, so sit back and enjoy the insight in to how the professionals play.
The Basics and Patience
Online poker is a skill game, and two of the most important skills you can have is to master the basics and be patient.
Don’t rush in to playing poker for money if you are unsure on the rules of the game, or the ranking hands that can win you the pot.
Also, don’t rush in to playing every hand if the starting cards are poor.
The main poker game played online by the pros is Texas Hold’em, or Hold’em for short.
In Hold’em, players are dealt two cards facing downwards.
It is important to be patient and bet when you are confident you have a good hand.
If your two starting cards are poor, fold. It’s as simple as that.
If you continue in the game beyond your two cards, it is followed by a round of betting before the next 3 cards, the flop, are dealt. These 3 cards are shared by everyone on the poker table.
Following ‘the flop’ comes a single card, the turn, and concluded by another final single card, the river.
Use the cards to form the best 5 card poker hand from your two cards and five other cards.
Again, we can’t stress enough how patient pro poker players are.
Don’t rush in to a game you are not confident on.
Don’t let your chips burn a hole in your hand. Take your time and play the right bets at the right time.
Top Pro Tips To Win At Hold’em
Now that we have established the basics and how important being patient is in poker, it’s time to look at the real top tips that pros are using to win the pot of cash on the table.
1. Be Aggressive – When you are dealt a good hand you are confident in, be aggressive in your betting and it will either force other players out of the game or raise the prize pot to win you more money.
2. Play Less Hands – Playing fewer hands more aggressively, even with weaker starting cards can tricks others in to thinking you have an amazing hand. It also lets you manage your bankroll more carefully.
3. Bluff – Bluffing is a term that is overused in 2022 but is equally as important as it was 10 years ago. Pro poker players know exactly when to bluff so that they can disguise weaker hands. A good time to bluff is during betting on the flop, raising on the turn and raising on the river.
4. Fold – Online poker action comes thick and fast, so don’t be scared to fold when something doesn’t feel right. If you are not confident in your hand, it will show in your game, typically through hesitation, delay and betting patterns such as checking.
5. Find Your Table Position – Different poker players prefer different positions around the table. Early positions have less information on the cards and players than late positions. There is no right or wrong position, but it can dictate how aggressive your play is.
6. Set Cash Limits – Only play poker on tables you can realistically afford to lose in worst case scenario. Set a cash budget limit before you play and don’t be tempted to overspend. Remember, tomorrow is a new day.
7. Attack – When other players are unsure or are looking weak, go on the attack and take advantage of their uncertainty.
8. Be Re-Raise Aware – A player that re-raises on the turn or river card is a classic sign that they have a very strong hand and possibly the best hand in the game. Be very aware of this tactic and don’t be scared to fold. You can also use this to your own advantage if you are confident in your hand.
9. Learn To Lose – Losing is all part of online poker and you need to learn how to lose so that you don’t become disheartened and lose faith. Don’t chase your losses or give up just because you have a losing streak.
10. Mix Up Your Game – Don’t become predictable with your betting style. Mix up your game with different plays on folding, checking and raising based on a variety of different hands.
Deploying these poker tips, tactics and strategies can increase your chances of winning in 2022. Once you learn how to win like a pro, it will become part of your natural game.