Learning how to win at craps, whether you are playing online or at a casino, can seem like a difficult thing to do.
But craps is a game that can be as simple or as complex as you want, depending on the type of person you are and the style of gameplay you adopt.
Live dealer casino craps is becoming increasingly popular at casino sites because more people are playing.
So learning how to win is the next thing you should do after cracking the basics.
To begin this guide, we will start by covering the absolute basic rules of craps, then move on to more complex gameplay, guidance and tips of how to beat the table / casino / dealer when playing live in real-time.
Live Craps Basics
The good news is, live craps plays exactly like RNG online craps and table craps in local casinos.
So if you are familiar with the basic rules and terminology, it should be fairly easy for you to adopt a winning strategy and use tips to win at live craps.
For those that are unfamiliar, let us give you a quick run-down:
1. A game of craps starts with the come-out roll of dice.
2. The player, or dealer, who throws the dice in live craps is known as the shooter.
3. Each game starts with the shooter throwing 2 dice on the table.
4. There are 3 betting outcomes in live craps: Natural, Craps, Point.
5. Natural outcome is a 7 or 11 and results in a win and you will roll the dice again.
6. Craps outcome is a 2, 3 or 12 and results in a lose and you will roll again.
7. Point outcome results in 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10 and is marked on the table by the dealer.
8. A Pass line bet means the shooter wins with a natural or by winning the point.
9. A don’t pass line bet means the shooter loses by rolling a 2 or 3.
Now that the basics have been refreshed, let us move on to how to win at live craps by using tips and strategies. Read on for more.
Learning How To Win With Tips
Below is a list of the most popular methods that craps players are using to beat the casino, including strategies for establishing how to win more frequently that lose.
1. Bet on the pass line with a low house edge of just 1.41%.
2. Place a come bet with a low house edge of just 1.41% – the same as pass line.
3. Bet on the don’t pass line with a low house edge of just 1.40%.
4. Place a don’t come bet with a low house edge of just 1.40% – the same as don’t pass line.
5. Place an odds bet for zero house edge after one of the premier bets has taken place.
6. Place a 6 or 8 bet with a low house edge of 1.52%.
7. Choose one type of initial bet followed by the same style of bet to keep your gameplay consistent.
8. Plan how many bets you wish to place before you start playing so that you don’t overspend or blow your budget.
9. Bet on combinations of dice total that have more probability of being rolled, with 7 being the highest at 16.67%, followed by 6 or 8 at 13.89% and 5 or 9 at 11.11%.
10. It is very easy to get carried away in live dealer craps, but always keep your head and keep your stakes consistent.
11. Ignore side bets or recommended bets.
13. Avoid single roll bets for long-term play and sustainability.
14. Avoid high odds bets. Yes they can seem more attractive, but they are less likely to be the outcome. Do not confuse probability with odds.
When you have a basic grasp on the game of craps, you can tweak your strategy and style to suit your enjoyment and budget.
Remember, if you want to play craps long-term, adopt a technique that is consistent and does not chase glory, and never chase your losses!
Learning how to win at live dealer craps the smart way will have more chance at becoming profitable over a longer period of time, and because you are playing live in real-time, instead of online with a RNG mechanic, there is no doubt that the outcome is reliable and fair.
Once you have learned how to win at craps, play online with a top-rated live dealer casino and use your own tips and strategies to bet smart and beat the casino.