If it is approved by all the Voters who are going to vote on Nov. 6, then the Arkansas Casinos gaming amendment 2018 are:
1) The Amendment would take effect from Nov. 14.
2) It requires the racing commission to oversee casino license, adopt rules and perform relevant duties no later than 120 days after Nov. 14, begins accepting license application by June 1,2019.
3) Require the commission to issue a license to a franchise holder in Crittenden Country to conduct casino gambling at a facility or next to the greyhound racing track and gambling facility.
4) Require the commission to award a license to, an applicant for a casino in pope country within 2 miles of Russellville and an applicant for a casino in Jefferson County within 2 miles of Pine Bluff. These applicants must submit a letter of support from the county judge or a resolution from the quorum court. If the casino will be located in the city, it must have a letter of support from the Mayor.
5) Prohibit an individual, corporation, partnership, association or trust or other entity from holding more than one license.
6) Define Casino gambling as, “Dealing, operating and carrying on, conducting, maintaining or exposing for play any game played with cards, dice, equipments or any mechanical or electromechanical or electronic devices.
7) Include” accepting wagers on sporting events” but not the state Lottery.
8) Prohibits any one under the age of 21 from engaging in casino gamblings.
9) Require the commission to provide at least $200,000 for compulsive gambling disorder treatment and compulsive disorder educational programs run by the Department of Human Services.
10) Permit license to sell liquor and providing complementary servings, both for on premises consumption during operating hours.