Massachusetts: MGM Springfield Facing Lawsuit Over Alleged Payout Reduction

Massachusetts: MGM Springfield Facing Lawsuit Over Alleged Payout Reduction

After Wynn’s Encore Boston Harbor Casino, gamblers in Massachusetts have filed a lawsuit against MGM’s Springfield casino.
The lawsuit against MGM claims that the casino facility pays less than what is stipulated by the state’s gambling regulations for particular winning hands at its blackjack tables.

Shawn Allyn, the lawyer representing the gamblers who have taken MGM to court, has claimed that reduced payouts allow the casino to cash in higher profits.

Commenting on the allegations, Saverio Mancini, a spokesperson for the MGM Springfield, said that the casino operates in full compliance with the requirements of its local regulator, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.

He also confirmed that all operations are in compliance with the local gambling regulations and termed the lawsuit as baseless.

Earlier in June, New Yorker Richard Schuster dragged the Wynn’s new casino to court. Schuster lodged similar allegations and said that the Encore Boston Harbor casino is paying out less for certain winning hands at blackjack and rounding down payouts from slot machines.

The Massachusetts Gaming Commission reviewed the allegations and said that the operations at Wynn’s Encore Boston Harbor were according to the existing gambling regulations.

Wynn Resorts’ Encore Boston Harbor casino grossed $16.7 million in its opening week. The casino began operations from June 23 and already paid $4.1 million to the state in tax revenue for the revenues generated between June 23 and June 30.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *