Wynn Resorts brand new Boston Harbour Encore casino’s opening could be delayed. Earlier this week, it was announced that the venue would be ready to welcome guests from June 23 onwards.
However, in a statement to the press on Thursday, Wynn CEO, Matthew Maddox, said that the opening of the new casino could be delayed by a week or two.
“I don’t know if the opening date will be June 23, or a week or two later, because we’re going to make sure that it’s flawless. We may give ourselves another week, we may not, but the property looks great,” Maddox told the press on Thursday evening.
Wynn Resorts have been fined $35 million following an investigation into alleged sexual misconduct by former Wynn Resorts CEO, Steve Wynn. The company was fined for concealing the allegations to cover up the instances of sexual misconducts.
Current, CEO, Matthew Maddox has also been slapped a $500,000 fine as he was found complicit in covering up the misconducts of the former Wynn chief, Steve Wynn.
Earlier in February, the Nevada Gaming Commission (NGC), had also fined Wynn Resorts $20 million citing similar reasons after they conducted a lengthy but detailed investigation into the allegations.
Encore Casino is a $2.5 billion project and will host 3,000 gaming machines, several gaming tables, around 15 different multi-cuisine restaurants and an oyster bar and craft beer garden.
The company is expecting to host around 8 million guests annually at the upcoming casino and resort.