Massachusetts Gaming Commission will address the allegations of shaved payouts made in a class-action lawsuit against Encore Boston Harbor, on Thursday, reports the Boston Herald.
The gambling regulators have already reviewed the issues raised. The state Gaming Commission announced the decision to address the allegations on Wednesday after a New Yorker filed a lawsuit alleging cheating on the part of Wynn Resorts’ Encore Boston Harbor Casino.
“As we have previously stated, the MGC was made aware of the lawsuit on Monday and said it would review its contents to determine next steps. As a next step, the Investigations and Enforcement Bureau will brief the Commission during tomorrow’s public meeting,” commission spokeswoman Elaine Driscoll said in a statement to Boston Herald Wednesday.
“The IEB is the unit responsible for reviewing compliance matters and ensuring adherence to rules and regulations. The IEB has conducted a preliminary review of this matter and will be prepared to provide the commissioners with an update tomorrow.”
Earlier this week, Richard Schuster, a New York gambler alleged Everett casino of paying out less for certain winning hands at blackjack and rounding down payouts from slot machines. He filed a lawsuit on Monday in Middlesex County Superior Court.
It should be noted that according to the figures released by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission Encore Boston Harbor casino grossed $16.7 million in its opening week. On the other hand, MGM Springfield generated $19.9 million gross revenue for the entire month.