Wynn Resorts’ newly developed Encore casino in Boston harbor is all set to receive guests from June 23.
It was just the last week when the gambling and casino operator was slapped a $35 million fine by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission following an investigation into the sexual misconduct allegations on the former Wynn Resorts CEO, Steve Wynn.
Maddox along with others in the management was found to be complicit in concealing facts and downplaying the allegations of sexual misconduct against the former CEO.
Earlier in February, the Nevada Gaming Commission (NGC), had also fined Wynn Resorts $20 million citing similar reasons after they conducted a prolonged but detailed investigation into the allegations.
However, as expected, the two gambling commissions somehow did not find it necessary to meddle with the gambling license of Wynn Resorts; hence, they are allowed to continue with casino and gambling operations both in Nevada and Massachusetts – business as usual.
Also, earlier in October last year Massachusetts Gaming commission head resigned a day before the investigations into alleged sexual misconduct by company CEO Steve Wynn were to begin. Stephen Crosby had resigned as Massachusetts Gaming Commission Head fearing that accusations of him being biased in decision concerning the investigation might sprung up.
Wynn’s Encore Casino In Boston Harbor, a $2.5 billion project, is nearing completion. The new luxury gambling venue hosts 3,000 gaming machines, several gaming tables, around 15 different multi-cuisine restaurants and an oyster bar and craft beer garden.
The facility will also have a 27-storey hotel to accommodate guests willing to stay overnight. It also has a spacious convention hall and a big casino floor.
Peter Campot, Head of Wynn Resorts’ design and construction wing said: “We’re essentially on schedule and we expect to be in excellent shape by June 1. All of the slot machines are on the floor now, and I think all of them are installed and we’re also installing gaming tables throughout. So if you walk through the facility right now, it looks like a casino, which is pretty neat.”
The company is expecting to host around 8 million guests annually at the upcoming casino and resort.
Encore President Robert DeSalvio said that it hadn’t been easy to put everything together and that it had taken much effort to get the best from the situation.